Good morning! These are my Blueberry Almond Butter Protein Muffins. They are a perfect on-the-go breakfast because they are low-gluten, high protein from the almond butter, and just perfectly sweetened. I love when things turn out right, ya know? Vegan AND delicious AND fluffy? I literally can’t even.
Blueberry Almond Butter Protein Muffins
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour or Almond Flour (both are gluten-free and add to the protein content)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 2 Ener-G “eggs” (store bought egg replacer, seriously a baking game changer!!)
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Cup #organic Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup clear oil (such as sunflower or vegetable)
- 1/3 Cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 Cup frozen Blueberries (un-thawed)
- Toppings: slivered almonds, dry oats, raw sugar
Preheat oven to 375 and line your muffin tin (makes 12).
In a large stainless steal bowl, combine almond butter, “eggs”, ACV, sugar, salt, coconut milk and oil. Heat the contents over low heat on your stovetop— this melts the almond butter a little bit making the wet ingredients easier to incorporate into the dry ingredients. Then, using 10 strokes with a whisk, whisk in the flours and baking powder. Remove whisk and use 10 strokes with a big spoon to fold in the bloobz and slivered almonds. Careful not to over-work the batter!
Spoon the batter into your liners all the way to the top. Sprinkle on the toppings.
Bake for 25 minutes and let cool completely.
© Nimai\'s Cookbook