This is the ultimate comfort food in the dead of winter! Super healthy, flavorful, vegan and creamy (thanks to my homemade Cashew and Cauliflower Cream). Cozy up and serve with warm, crusty bread.
- Olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Leeks, finely chopped
- 3 Cups Mirepoix (1 Cup each diced onion, carrot, celery)
- 3 Lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, cubed
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Earth Balance (vegan butter)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Homeade Cashew/Cauliflower Cream (see link above!)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Toppings: Fresh chopped Chives and Parsley, dab of Earth Balance
Heat first 4 ingredients in a large pot on low-medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. The slow roasting will bring out the flavors as well as soften.
Add the cubed potatoes and vegetable broth, cover and let simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft.
Pour in the cashew/cauliflower cream, add the Earth Balance and have the 2 cups of water ready to start pouring in as necessary. Turn heat to LOW and using an immersion hand blender, blend until smooth adding water when you need to.
Stir in parsley, salt and pepper and remove from heat. Serve and top with fresh chives, parsley and Earth Balance.
© Nimai\'s Cookbook