Wake up and smell the (tempeh) bacon! I’ve foraged all the veggies used here from a local upstate New York farm stand. Start your day out RIGHT and LIGHT with all vegan ingredients ;)
Farmstand Breakfast Sandwich
- Sprouted Wheat English Muffin
- Earth Balance (vegan butter substitute)
- Daiya Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Style Spread (vegan cream cheese substitute)
- Tempeh Bacon strips (I used Tofurky brand Smokey Maple Bacon flavored)
- Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- Heirloom Tomato
- Purple Spring Onion
- Garlic Scapes
- Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper
In a non-stick skillet, fry up the tempeh bacon in oil until browned on both sides. Meanwhile, toast the English Muffins. When they are good and toasty, spread on the Earth Balance followed by Daiya Cream Cheese.
Lay on the tempeh bacon, followed by thin slices of tomato, spring onion and garlic scapes. Sprinkle on the fresh dill, salt, pepper and ENJOY!
© Nimai\'s Cookbook