I love trashy gas-station puppy chow as much as the next person…but I wanted to make a version that didn’t make me feel trashy. So I’ve created a vegan, gluten-free version that incorporates the bittersweet superfood, Cocao Nibs, and a touch of saltiness, Peanuts! Go ahead, class it up :)
- 12 Ounces (10 1/2 Cups) of Corn Chex or another Gluten-Free variety
- 1 Bag of Certified Vegan Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips
- 1 Cup Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Earth Balance or another butter substitute
- up to 1 LB of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 1/3 Cup Cocao Nibs
THIS IS SO EXCITING! Just had to get that out of the way...
Pour the Chex into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a pot over medium heat, melt the Earth Balance and stir in Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter. Keep stirring until everything is melty and smooth.
Pour the melty mixture over the Chex and mix gently to incorporate.
Then here's the fun part-- get a large paper grocery bag and dump in the melty coated Chex, Powdered Sugar, Peanuts and Cocao Nibs and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!
And now the great reveal... empty the sweet contents into a pretty bowl and DIG IN!
© Nimai\'s Cookbook