My Simple Pancakes are a definite family-pleaser– fluffy, moist, gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free and delicious!
- 1 Ripe Organic Banana
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup fresh Water
- A splash of Vanilla, a dash of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Organic Oat Flour
- 1 suuuuuper scant teaspoon each of Baking Soda and Salt
- OPTIONAL 1/4 Cup Vegan Mini-Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life. This addition no longer makes the pancakes sugar free)
- OPTIONAL Organic Papaya or fresh fruit for topping
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil Spray (for the griddle)
Preheat your griddle to 350.
Measure the coconut milk and add the teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to create "vegan buttermilk". In a medium bowl, mash the banana until smooth and add the water, vanilla and cinnamon. Last add the "buttermilk" and whisk together.
In a separate small bowl, mix oat flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk into your wet ingredients. You'll begin to notice bubbles in your batter-- this is the baking soda and vinegar having a chemical reaction! this reaction makes our batter fluffy without using eggs.
If you are adding mini-chips, stir in now!
Evenly spray coconut oil over your griddle and spoon on small 2-3 inch rounds of batter. The pancakes will rise and get slightly brown on the bottom. Flip, pour, repeat! Enjoy with fresh fruit and maple syrup :)
© Nimai\'s Cookbook